CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ENTRY DEADLINE: FRIDAY, November 1, 2013
Presented by Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News, the Multicultural TV Leadership Awards are given in celebration of executives who are acknowledged to be leaders in the business of multicultural TV and have contributed to the sustained viability of this particular business segment. The 2014 Awards will be presented during a luncheon ceremony as part of the Multicultural TV Summit, which will be held on Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at the Grand Hyatt in New York City.
Recipients of the Awards, presented in 10 different categories, will be selected by a panel of impartial judges and kept confidential. The nominees are scored independently by each judge on a scale of 1-5 within three areas of accomplishment. Nominees may be submitted through Friday, November 1, 2013.
DEFINITION OF MULTICULTURAL TV
Multicultural TV refers to a video telecast on any viewing platform that is intended for a particular audience, as defined by ethnicity; nationality; regional or cultural identity; religious affiliation; gender; or LGBT lifestyle. It is inclusive of both in-language and English-language content.
There are 10 categories of awards within three areas of expertise as follows:
Marketing and Advertising
1. Consumer Marketing Executive, including those who manage brand marketing, customer acquisition or sales promotions designed to attract and retain customers/users for any pay TV provider, premium service, network or on-demand/pay-per-view content
2. Advertising Sales Executive at a network, pay TV company or ad sales rep firm
3. Media Planning Executive at an advertising agency, network or pay TV provider whose role is to plan and/or place media for the specific purpose of attracting customers or viewers
4. Account Management Executive at an advertising agency, media placement company or research who manages the client relationship
Programming Distribution, Acquisition and Audience Development
5. Programming Distribution or Affiliate Sales Executive at a programming network, syndication company, distributor, rep firm or production company
6. Programming Acquisition Executive at a pay-TV or broadband provider
7. Audience Development/Tune-in Promotions Executive whose primary responsibility is to attract audiences and develop a core base of loyal viewers for any specific program, series, network or on-demand content
Management presented to corporate executives at the SVP level or above or those who head multicultural divisions within their company or organization
8. Programmer Executive at a broadcast, cable or digital programming service or an organization that distributes special events such as awards shows, musical concerts, movie studios (Hollywood and Independent), major league sports, teams, governing bodies or sports properties
9. Pay TV Provider Executive from cable TV, satellite, telco, premium digital or broadband TV provider
10. Agency Executive from an advertising agency, creative agency, media placement group, research or audience measurement firm
To submit an eligible entry, the form must be completed entirely, full payment of the processing fee must be received by New Bay Media by the deadline date and the candidate must be involved in one or more of the following areas of business:
• Networks—broadcast (national, network-owned and operated, affiliates)
• Networks—cable (national and regional)
• Digital programmers and broadband programming providers
• TV providers, including satellite, cable, telco, broadband, IPTV, closed-circuit and private network
• Distributors, syndicators or promoters of content; including movie studios, series distributors, sports properties, special event promoters, syndicators or VOD, pay-per-view and content produced for digital platforms (web or mobile)
• Advertising agencies and media investment groups
• Promotions and creative agencies
• Research and audience measurement firms
The recipient is required to be present to accept the award in person on February 4, 2014.
Each eligible candidate will be scored on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being the lowest value) in three areas. Judges may give scores with decimals, such as a 4.5. When the three scores for each individual candidate are added, that candidate receives their total score. Those candidates with the highest total score in each of the 10 categories will be declared winners. In the case of a tied score by category, each of the “tied” nominees will be acknowledged. The three areas for scoring are:
1. Relevance of their current and past employment positions to the overall business of multicultural TV and their years or breadth of business experience
2. Noteworthy action(s) that displayed a unique quality for executive leadership
3. Measureable impact of these action on their business, and notably how the actions may have advanced the overall business of multicultural TV, specifically in one or more of the following areas: revenues, customer acquisition, audience development, growth of advertising commitments, implementation of in-market research or audience tracking or overall profitability.
Award receipients are selected through a screening process by a distinguished group of individuals, including the publisher of Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News, select editors and the evemt producer.
All nominations must be made online and can be submitted here
Completed entry forms (one for each nominated candidate) and full payment of the processing fee must be received on or before Friday, November 1, 2013.
The following must be submitted for each individual who is entered for consideration:
1. Processing fee payment of $149
2. A fully completed entry form
3. Contact information for the candidate
4. Contact information for the person who is nominating the candidate
5. Publicity contact
Incomplete or late entries are not eligible to be judged. The person who has submitted the candidate will not be notified if the entry is disqualified for any reason. Processing fees are not refundable.
The cost for processing each individual candidate entry is $149,payable by credit card or check. If submitting multiple candidates, payment may be made with the same check or credit card. Please be sure to include a list of all entries covered by the payment.
A credit card payment may be made online at the time of submission of the entry. If paying by check, please make check payable to New Bay Media and send to correspond with the time of entry. Mail check to:
New Bay Media
28 East 28th Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016
For questions, contact Joseph Schramm, Event Producer, Schramm Marketing Group, at 212-983-0219 or email@example.com
To learn more about the Multicultural TV Leadership Awards, please contact:
Joe Schramm, Schramm Marketing Group, 160 East 38th Street, Suite 35-C, New York, NY 10016. 212-983-0219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, November 1, 2013—Entry Deadline
The week of December 2nd, 2013 —Announcement of Winners and Executives to Watch
February 4, 2014—Awards Presentation at Grand Hyatt New York (12:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.), as part of the Multicultural TV Summit & Leadership Awards, which opens with a continental breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
NOMINEE AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
Each candidate selected by the judges as the winner in the category will be notified by Schramm Marketing Group via email in advance of the public announcement. The notification will request that the winner’s photo be immediately sent, electronically, for use in promotional announcements. All nominees will be listed in publicity and promotional materials and Leadership Award recipients, as well as “Executives to Watch,” will be featured in the February 3rd issue of both presenting publications, as well as on each publication’s website. Names and titles will appear exactly as they appear on the official entry form.